Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Egri Merlot $3.99

This wine is from Hungary, and I love that the distributor is "Vitavin". Like, "wine for life" or something like that. Very nice! Also, the bottle is an especially nice, dark green color.

The wine tasted like German schnapps: extremely fruity, but really sour. I really really liked it! It went horribly with the pasta and tomato sauce that Sean had made for dinner, but it was really interesting and unexpected.

I would certainly get this again, especially since it was on the very cheap side ($3.99, I think), but I don't know when I'd serve it. Maybe after dinner? It's definitely not a dessert wine, though. Just something interesting to drink.

Oh, I love the label too! Stark white with bright red and black lettering--very German. Or, more probably, Hungarian.

No comments: