Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Amaicha $4.99

We've had this one a few times now. I didn't really like it at first, but I've learned to really like it. It's now my new stand-by when I want something really cheap and easy to drink.

The smaller label on the bottom reads: Bonarda - Mendoza - 2005 - Argentina. I guess Bonarda is the style then?

It's pretty full-bodied, a little bit spicy (like black pepper) and fruity. We drank this after an especially stressful day of dealing with banks, bills, finding new car insurance, and other crap that you have to do when you move across the country. It relieved a bit of stress. I wasn't paying that much attention to the taste of the wine though, I'll admit. I liked it better than the Gaetano stuff from a few days ago.

Hopefully our next bottle will be a bit more rewarding than this, even though it wasn't bad. I think this one was only 5 bucks anyway. I think the complexity of wine goes up quite a bit around $7-9, so maybe I'll splurge for one of those bottles next.

No comments: